Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bally Supersonic Project Playfield BEFORE











This follows the other Supersonic post under Projects section.




I have been working on this one for a couple of years. Still need a couple of displays, clean up the coin door and some fine tuning. Power supply module and board rebuilt. It was in rough shape but I enjoyed working on it. I restored the playfield out of 2 and used the Marco decals. It has about 10 coats of varathane-maybe a bit too much because alot of varathane makes it difficult to work on the star rollovers. I had to clean them with an exacto knife when I was done. Note the before pics. Essentially I had to swap ALL of the wiring from one playfield to the next. Virtually all of the pins on the harness were replaced. Alot of them were bad on this machine. See photos.








No comments: