Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bally Supersonic







I got this one from a fellow collector/hobbyist and a head/backglass from another hobbyist/collector. Needs alot of work! Pretty good, traditional early Solid State machine. I always liked this machine. Hope to work on this one this fall, winter.
Pics to come!
2009-01-01:
Swapped around guts from the original head to the other one I had which is in better shape. Rebuilt a power supply with new bridges, J1 connector and CR1-4 diodes. See the pics of the original, there is cigarette paper on most of the fuses, which is generally not a good thing! I will rebuld this board at a later date.
2009-02-28: Ordered playfield decals, star and SST. Plan to restore second playfield w/clearcoat application since second playfield is excellent condition everywhere else.
200--03-04: Received shooter rod assembly.
2009-03-07: Boots up reliably now. No displays. MPU has board issue still (no display driver). Repaired HV path to displays. Need to still replace some pins at display connectors. Repaired one wire that was chewed up to player 4. Repaired/replaced bad pins on J3 Solenoid driver board. Need to repair J1, J4 pins at connectors on driver board, no flipper relay enable, can jumper control and flippers are strong.
2009-03-08: Looks like I will need 2 six digit displays but I'll get the MPU done first to make sure. Played around with sound board. I suspect that the PROM is bad.
2009-03-15: 1 solenoid energizes at solenoid test. Replaced all pins at J4 solenoid driver harness. Test passes now. Repaired faulty coin door test button.

No comments: