Thursday, May 29, 2008

MONTE CARLO CABINET DETAILS







Thanks to Glenn for asking about this, I forgot about it and would like to add it to the details!


This cabinet had issues like something had spashed onto it and caused the wood to swell in places. What I did was shaved the "swell" down with a razor blade and touch it up with Tremclad Black. Someone also tried to spray black paint over the sides, then tried to wipe the overspay off and swiped the blue a bit on one side. This is probably the worst part of the cabinet.
The left side has the swiped paint issue. The right side has some black touched up spots as well.

Once I cleaned and waxed the entire cabinet, it made the issues less noticeable. I also touched up the wear around the flipper buttons and the start button to make it blend in better.


Also, I repainted the head by recreating the stencils and matching the blue paint to the cabinet. It is covered with satin clear varathane to reduce the gloss slightly and protect it. It turned out pretty good.
The flash on the camera is not very flattering. The machine looks good in person.