I got this one last year from a fellow collector. It has been alot of work but I enjoyed working on a Gottlieb machine. It has a busy playfield and is retro 80's...Has a roulette wheel in the playfield. I bought a few things for it already.
REPAIR LOG:
- Fixed MPU board, half the switches not registering. Still randomly does not boot, cycle power works-still need to fix that.
- Fixed power supply. Has new filter cap and bridge was already replaced.
- Removed transformer plate and cleaned it. Reproduced internal cabinet labels.
- Pulled out circuit board backboard, repainted it white. Replaced all board standoffs.
- Need to fix sound board. Bought another one, will fix both and resell one.
- Cosmetics: cleaned off T molding on head. Touched up wierd spots on cabinet and waxed it. Coin door should only require a cleaning.
- Will probably repaint the head....in the garage. Simple designs so it should be easy.
- 4 plastics were broken, still need the left sling..
- Bought new bumper caps, bodies, flippers...
- Bought new rubber kit and three new balls.
- Replaced 12 volt bridge
- Redid all ground connections at Transformer block as well as boards.
- Replaced fuse block (8 fuses)
May 5, 2008:
For the last 2 evenings I pulled the playfield apart and cleaned it. Reinstalled all parts, installed new bumper bodies, caps and flipper bats. However, one of the bumpers doesn't work now, the left kicker doesn't work and the game resets when the right kickout hole switch is pressed. I must have shorted something when I fought with installing those bulbs under the playfield! My hands were cramping up like never before. Sure looks nice now, it made a big difference.Next entry:Monte Carlo sound worksI cut off the ground return connectors off and soldered eyelets to the wires. They are fastened to the transformer base to achieve a better connection. This was causing alot of problems and will make the game work more reliably. I still have to install a storage cap, fix the 5v (remove the potentiometer), adjust a couple of switches. The game plays well. The sound works now as well, see video. This one will be listed for $1200 because of the amount of work I put into it and it is a pretty elaborate game. IT ONLY MAKES THE SIREN SOUND WHEN THE WHEEL LANDS ON A NUMBER THAT YOU HAVE LIT UP. IT DOESN'T DO THAT ALL THE TIME.May 22, 2008:Last night I added the ground wires from the 5v board as well as the solenoid driver board. I noticed that since I fixed the ground connections last time, the game boots everytime. I also installed a fixed resistor on the 5v supply.Tonight I cleaned up the targets and adjusted the switches that were not working well. I also installed a storage cap on the MPU to hold the high scores.As I stated earlier, this has been a big project but it turned out very well.
September 20, 2008: Game would not boot on a couple of occasions this summer. There wasn't any 5 volts. Found that there was oxidation on the 12v fuse holder and connection to the fuse was open. I therefore replaced the entire 8 fuse holders.
No comments:
Post a Comment